Do you know how amazing you are? Let me open this post by reminding you of what a strong, capable, brilliant, genius, powerful luminous light being you are.
And how the power breathing you is far more powerful, and you contain so much more potential than any circumstance, situation, or condition you are facing. Including wanting to possibly shift your current weight and feel more confident in your skin and energized in your life.
In my last blog post, I told you about the 12 weight “stress-ers” I’ve found that can cause your body to hold onto extra weight – or if you’re like 20 percent of my audience, prevent you from maintaining a healthy weight or even gain some healthy weight.
Even though “calories in, calories out” is the explanation that most of us learned for what creates weight gain or weight loss, there’s so much more to weight change than meets the eye!
Our mind, body, and spirit are interconnected, and our thinking, life experiences, subconscious programming, level of safety, and our stress have a big impact on our weight.
These stress-ers can also trigger hormone imbalances of cortisol, progesterone, or estrogen. Dr. Sara Gottfried, the author of The Hormone Cure and The Hormone Reset Diet, tells us that an imbalance of these hormones can heighten a risk for cancer, memory loss, and depression, among other negative side effects and health symptoms.
Once you become aware of these stress-ers and the impact they have, you can discover tools and strategies to help you deactivate them, and become vibrantly healthy, which is the purpose of this article here today.
I’ve seen amazing results in my 20+ years studying this topic, both personally and with thousands of clients.
You, too, can begin to implement the key, proven tools I’m about to give you to help create your ideal weight, energy, health and vitality no matter how hard it’s been in the past!
These tools were made to help you deactivate these stress-ers and create new, healthy habits and results in body, mind, and spirit.
Even if you haven’t read my previous post, The 12 Weight “Stress-ers” Revealed, I’ll be repeating the stress-ers here, followed by the new healthy solutions that can help you create a new, healthier you.
- Low-level chronic stress is like putting the body in constant fight-or-flight mode. If you’re overweight, your body can store fat as though a famine were on the way in this state of prolonged stress!
Step 1 – Recognize your stress triggers. Start recognizing when you are “stressed-out”, overworked, under-rested, and putting everyone else’s needs in front of your own.
Step 2 – Start putting yourself and your needs on the front-burner, in 5 minute increments, and be sure to put them in your “non-negotiable category” (meaning you’ll do this no matter what).
- Plan healthy meals in advance
- Eat lunch away from your desk and get some fresh air in the middle of the day
- Give yourself some non hectic movement each day – like gentle yoga, or a stroll in nature, or dance to your favorite song. (Even 5 minutes counts!)
- Traumatic stress from an incident, like physical, verbal or emotional abuse, the death of a loved one, a divorce, a traumatic accident or injury.
Mind-Body-Spirit Centered Life Coaching, counseling, or therapy is all medicine for healing and releasing traumatic life stress-ers that can negatively impact your weight. Other techniques to relieve traumatic stress include EFT (tapping), emotional release technique, or EMDR.Laying on the ground for grounding, hiking in nature, gardening in nature, time with animals you love.The Vibrant Healthy Woman Coaching Program includes mind-body-spirit movement modules that can also help to heal and release traumatic life stress-ers on a cellular level.FORGIVENESS! If you are holding onto resentment, that energy is toxic and causes a blockage of your spiritual energy. When you forgive, it doesn’t make right what happened, it simply releases YOU for having to carry the burden within you of the memory or issue.
- Mental stress can come from constant or chronic worrying, anxiety, or from an overly negative inner critic.
Notice your thought patterns, press the pause button, and focus on the truth of this moment, not on the past or future problems. Practice mindful deep breathing, try a meditation app like Headspace or Calm, take a stroll in nature, or watch a 5-minute video of ocean waves or other calming, motivational content and breathe deeply.
- Emotional stress can be triggered by an event, such as moving to a new place, starting at a new school or job, or issues with your relationship, your work or finances.
Practice meditation, and positive thinking throughout the day. Say affirmations to yourself while sitting on the floor feeling “grounded” like, “I am safe, I am resourced, this too shall pass, my higher power and I can handle anything.”You can also practice Mind-Body-Spirit movement to positive, uplifting music. Also try, Yoga, hiking in nature, conscious dance, meditation, and emotional release techniques to reprogram mind-body-spirit for a new normal – that you are safe right now.
Try: TranscenDance Body Vitality Online Program.For both mental and emotional stress:SURRENDER — to a HIGHER POWER. Remember you and your “GOD” or “Divine Spirit / Life Energy” is far more powerful and you contain more potential than any circumstance, situation or condition. Give your fear, doubt, worry and concerns to GOD.
Be patient and ALLOW, and you will see results over time when you stay the course.
- Physical stress is created by putting too little of the right things into your body (creating nutritional famine), and too much of the wrong things (toxins). It can also be created by over-exercising and chronic high stress physical activity, or chronic fatigue and not getting adequate rest or having sleep issues or disorders.
Try mind-body-spirit movement like: Yoga, Conscious Dance, Walking in nature, or Forest bathing.Try HIIT training (High Intensity Interval Training). 90 seconds of fast walking, jumping jacks, or squats, then 90 seconds of walking or biking or dancing, intervals for 15-20 minutes.Remove the 7 highly inflammatory ingredients: sugar, corn, soy, dairy, gluten, wheat, peanuts, including the “oils” that go along with these ingredients. Eat whole single ingredient foods that are organic and non-GMO.Remove and cleanse your body from toxic products. This includes your food, as well as products you use for beauty, kitchen and cleaning, and ideally other products that you use.
My Vibrant Healthy Woman Program includes a 21-day cleanse that you can use every quarter to increase your energy, and decrease bloating, brain fog, and fatigue!
See a sleep specialist to identify your sleep issues and creative a proactive new sleep protocol.
EAT STOP EAT: to clear toxins from the body and regenerate your cells, fast from 8pm to 8pm (the next day) twice a week. This helps your body naturally burn fat while you are fasting. Be sure not to compensate by eating more on the days when you are eating. Eat a balanced diet on the days you are not fasting. See contraindications of fasting on my blog post, “Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss, Radiance and Increased Energy!”
- Dehydration caused by drinking too much caffeine or carbonation, alcohol, and not enough healthy, alkalized water.
Drink plenty of alkalized water, spa water, and herbal teas or low glycemic green juices/smoothies. Eliminate soda, energy drinks, high sugar juices or smoothies, and non-organic coffee or tea. Coffee is sprayed with pesticides and toxins, so only drink organic coffee and tea in moderation, and ideally caffeine free.
- Protective Weight / Safety Weight (For overweight issues primarily): This is extra weight that you don’t need, but is kept on by your body in an effort to help you feel safer and more protected around your middle, which is also your power center energetically. Your spirit could be actually calling forth healthier boundaries within your relationships, at your work, and in your general life circumstances.
Guided meditation / visualization to install a golden bubble of light around you, and your energy body. Imagine you have healthy boundaries and you are able to speak and act your truth with confidence. Mind-Body-Spirit life coaching is also recommended as we cannot see our own blindspots and having support and coaching to re-pattern these issues is key.
- The Four Hidden Barriers: the fear of outshining, the fear of abandonment, the fear of the burden of success, and the fear of being fundamentally flawed. These are four barriers to success identified by Gay Hendricks in his book “The Big Leap.” Any of these four fears can also cause people to unconsciously keep extra weight, or stay at a lower weight than they want!
Overriding these hidden barriers really does require support, coaching/mentoring and a safe community. Some of the tools include: receiving compliments, eliminating comparison, pause and reframe mental techniques, increasing your internal “thermostat” to have it set on receiving abundance and love, and more!
- Famine Mentality (For overweight issues primarily): Growing up, were you taught to eat everything on your plate? People with a famine mentality have a subconscious belief that there isn’t enough. This leads to over-eating and storing excess fat, ‘as if a famine is coming.’
Install a new positive belief that you have more than enough, anytime you want it, and you are not required to eat everything on your plate, unless you want to. Through guided meditation and affirmations, you can re-program the subconscious mind that ‘there is enough.’
Therefore, you eat just enough but not too much, and you begin to shed excess fat. There is more than enough to eat, there is no famine, and there is a bounty available to you at all times.
- Pleasure / Fun / Creative/Vocational Expression Famine: You don’t feel creatively expressed, and you feel creatively or vocationally stuck or stifled. Therefore you use unhealthy, excess food, sugar, alcohol, etc… for pleasure and fun, in place of real-life healthy joyful activities/hobbies, pleasure and fun.
Begin to install 5-minute actions filled with pleasure, fun and creativity into your life! Here are just a few:
- Install fun and play for pleasure and real-life joyful activities/hobbies, pleasure and fun.
- Use fun/pleasure for reward and decompressing at the end of the day, instead of food, alcohol or TV/media.
- Have an evening unwind routine. Light a candle, use calming essential oils and journal.
- Turn off electronics an hour before bed. Practice a 15-20 minute light evening yoga routine.
- Take a bath with Epsom salts and/or essential oils and a candle with soft music and meditation.
- Do the pruning shears of revision exercise. This is where you review your day and track wins and or incompletes (more on this is in the Vibrant Healthy Woman Coaching Program).
- Journal your wins, what you’re grateful for and accomplishments of the day.
- Journal any worries or “to-do’s” in a journal to set aside and clear your mind for the evening.
- Read an uplifting book or novel.
- Refrain from eating at least 2 hours before bed.
- Sleep in a cool room, with no light visible. Wear comfortable, cool PJ’s.
- Align with your God-given gifts and talents and start expressing why you are here on the planet creatively/vocationally.
- Move into Flow by tithing your time, talent and treasure to get the energy flowing through you.
- Eating for the wrong reasons: Using food or alcohol as a reward, eating as a main source of pleasure, eating when bored, or eating toxic food to subconsciously punish one’s self.
Before you eat ask yourself…
- “Am I really hungry?”
- “Am I actually thirsty and maybe not really hungry?”
- “What am I ‘really’ craving?”
- “What am I really hungry for?”
- “Am I stress-eating [emotional eating] right now?”
- “What healthy, empowered choice can I make right now?”
- “Is this just a short term pleasure?”
- “How do I want to feel an hour from now, week from now, year from now?”
Take a few deep breaths, drink a glass of water, eat a piece of fruit or veggies before you eat or snack. Tell yourself, “Once I answer these questions, and drink some water and have some healthy fiber, I can have anything I really want. Chances are you’ll know what you are actually craving.”
- Your BODY may subconsciously want to be underweight: If you are underweight, subconsciously being thinner might feel safer. To be seen as “weaker” or frail has its own subconscious benefits as well.
Working with a mind-body-spirit coach or mentor to help you identify any subconscious blocks, release and repattern them. Begin to connect more deeply and lovingly with your body and listen to your body wisdom. Then, consciously choose fuel that is rich and dense in calories to help you feel grounded and well nourished.
By working to eliminate these stress-ers from your life and implement these healthy new tools & habits, with repetition and consistency, you can reach your ideal weight, and be even more confident in your skin, energized and alive in your life, and serve your purpose with passion!
And, did you know ALL of the Healthy Solutions and Tools, and even MORE are provided for you in the online Vibrant Healthy Woman 6-Month Coaching Program, which integrates an innovative mind-body-spirit approach to reaching your ideal weight and achieving ultimate vitality, confidence and radiance!
The Vibrant Healthy Woman 6-Month Coaching Program is for Successful, Heart-Centered Women Who Want to Create their ideal Weight, a Vibrant Body, and Feel More Confident, Radiant and ALIVE in their LIFE!
And if you’re a heart-centered woman who wants to feel healthier and more energetic in her body, for a limited time, I have a special gift for you.
I’d like to offer you a complimentary Vibrant Healthy Woman Consultation, valued at $250, but yours 100% COMPLIMENTARY for being a part of this community.
Available for women only and for a very limited time only.
(Say yes, while this is available, for a limited time only,
before I take it down.)
Did you identify one or more stress-ers while reading this blog? Have you overcome any of these stress-ers in the past? Let me know in the comments section below. I’d love to hear from you!
Jennifer’s products and programs have been featured in…