Spiritual life coaching is a fast-growing niche in the life coaching industry helping people transform their lives at the deepest levels.
While there are many types of coaches making a difference in the world, spiritual coaches represent a unique group of individuals called to help people work on a level deeper than their physical reality.
Ensuring your success as a life coach, no matter where you are on your career journey, begins with choosing the right niche and the right approach for your unique gifts and calling.
Keep reading to find out if becoming a spiritual life coach is right for you and how to start in a way that ensures your success!
What is a Spiritual Life Coach?
A spiritual life coach takes a deeper, holistic approach to work beyond the typical conventions of life coaching.
In other words, instead of focusing on behavior changes alone to help a client succeed, a spiritual life coach emphasizes elements beyond one’s conscious willpower, including:
- The Laws of the Universe
- Spirituality and one’s connection to the divine
- Subconscious thought and limiting beliefs
- One’s true identity and life purpose
- Intuition and deep sources of inner wisdom
- A connection to one’s own spiritual gifts and calling
- Cultivating happiness, abundance, and a positive mindset
Spiritual life coaches know that there is more to life than what we can see.
Spiritual life coaching goes beyond the simple question, “What do you do, and what results are you getting”. A spiritual coach delves into spiritual growth and healing by asking questions like:
- Why are you doing what you’re doing?
- What meaning have you applied to those behaviors to create unhelpful patterns?
- How can you learn from those experiences as you discover your true purpose?
- What beliefs and thoughts can you choose now to empower you to choose new behaviors and experience new results?
Are You Called to Be a Spiritual Life Coach?
The first step to becoming a spiritual life coach is to discover whether or not spiritual coaching is the right career path for you!
The truth is, not everyone is meant to be a spiritual life coach. But for those who are, I believe that calling is sacred and profound.
There are many ways to coach others and finding the best fit for your gifts, passion, and calling is key to your success in any path you choose.
- Do you find it fulfilling to help others feel empowered and step into their highest potential?
- Is it important to you that people you help cultivate peace, happiness, and success in their lives internally, as well as externally?
- Are you willing to commit to connecting to your own intuition and inner voice in order to help others do the same?
- Do you believe that people experience the greatest breakthroughs and success when they work with the Laws of the Universe, their connection to the divine, and their subconscious beliefs and mindset?
- Do you believe you’re called to help people in a deeper capacity and to do more than just change behaviors and achieve goals?
If you answered yes to most, if not all of the questions above, spiritual life coaching may be your true purpose and calling!
Do You Need to Be Certified?
There are no requirements for certification in the life coaching industry. There is no governing body overseeing all of the life coaches working in the field to ensure integrity or standards of practice.
I often joke that you could get a nametag, write “life coach” on it, slap it on your chest, and call yourself a life coach… and you wouldn’t be wrong.
But the fact that there are no requirements for certification means that your success as a life coach will hinge on your ability to deliver tangible, transformational results to your clients.
A spiritual life coach certification will give you the framework and support to translate your unique spiritual gifts into a proven, reliable, and repeatable system for transformation.
Spiritual coach training will give you:
- The benefit of years of experience as you learn from spiritual teachers who have already achieved the results you desire
- The confidence to reach new coaching clients, organize coaching sessions, and know you can guide the people you work with to real-life results
- Practical exercises, new methods, effective interventions, and meaningful work that will help your clients experience true transformation
- Support and connection to a community of successful coaches. You don’t have to go it alone as you hone your unique approach and build your successful business
Not to mention, your prospective and actual clients will feel more at ease being a part of your spiritual life coaching practice knowing that you’ve had life coach training and are a certified spiritual coach.
At the Brave Thinking Institute, we believe that if you’re called to do the sacred work of helping others transform their lives, you should also be able to live a life in which you are thriving.
All of our certification students learn reliable, proven, and repeatable methods for life-changing results and have access to a complete coaching curriculum that can be applied to any niche or audience.
And, of course, we equip all of our coaches with extensive business success training, from sales and heart-centered enrollment to marketing.
Starting Your Spiritual Coaching Business
In order to become a successful life coach, the meaningful work you want to do in the world will need to take the shape of an actual business.
Beyond identifying your higher purpose and becoming a certified life coach, the professional development of your own business is one of the most important factors of your overall success as a spiritual coach.
Create a Vision for Your Ideal Life Coaching Business
Start by imagining your ideal business. What would it look like if you were able to:
- Embody your spiritual path as a life coach in the form of a business
- Help the people you feel most passionate about helping
- Support the lifestyle you dream of having
Cast a clear vision for your life coaching business before taking more practical, tangible steps. Doing so will save you a great deal of wasted time and energy along the way. You won’t get stuck trying things that aren’t necessarily aligned with the business you want to create.
Create a Business Plan for Your Spiritual Coaching Business
The next step to creating your successful spiritual life coaching business is to craft a business plan. Your life coaching business plan should act as the step-by-step guide to clarify the who, why, how, and what of your life coaching business.
1. Clarify who you will serve.
An in-depth understanding of your ideal client will help you connect with the right people as you grow your business. Imagine and describe your client avatar. Give them a name and a background story to help you connect with this imaginary client as a real person.
- Who is your ideal client? What is his or her age, job, marital status, and socio-economic level?
- Who does he or she live with? What are their family members like and how is their relationship with them?
- What problem(s) does your ideal client have that you can help them solve?
- What is your ideal client’s story? How have their past experiences brought them to this place on their own spiritual journey?
- What are your ideal client’s religious beliefs? What does their current spiritual practice look like?
- What does your ideal client long to experience in terms of personal growth? What are his or her spiritual needs? What transformation do they desire in their actual or spiritual lives?
2. Connect with your “why”
- What is the ultimate purpose of your business? What is your mission?
- What vision are you holding for the people you help?
- What role will your spiritual life coaching practice play in creating a better world?
4. Clarify the “how” of your business.
Explore how you will fulfill your mission with the individuals or groups you work with.
- What transformation do you offer the people who work with you? (Remember, the most successful spiritual life coaches sell a clear transformation, not just a service!)
- What tools or methods will you use to translate your spiritual perspective into life changing work?
- How will you empower your clients to embody their full potential?
5. Structure the “what” of your business.
There are many different things that you can incorporate into your coaching business. What specific, tangible elements and tools will you use to ensure your business’ sustainable success?
- Consider how you will structure and price a coaching session. Will you sell packages of sessions? Will you work with individuals or groups?
- How will you structure your marketing plan: how will you find new clients? How will you utilize marketing outlets like email, social media, content creation, and even word of mouth?
- What legal documents will you need to comply with your state or city’s business requirements? What intake forms, contracts, and agreements will you use when creating the legal structure of your coaching business?
- What specific interventions and tools will you use to help your clients achieve and sustain the goals you’ve set together? What real life skills will you help them incorporate on a daily basis to achieve transformation?
Your life coaching business plan will help guide you as you take the first steps from “good idea” to thriving coaching practice!
Commit to Your Own Personal Development & Connection
While knowing your calling, finding a good training program, and crafting a plan for your successful coaching business are all important steps…
Perhaps the most important step is committing to your own growth and evolution.
Your own spiritual connection is essential to impactful intuitive coaching.
As a spiritual life coach, your life doesn’t have to be perfect to guide others on their own journeys. But you do need to be willing to grow and learn as you’re helping others do the same.
The spiritual principles you’re using to help others achieve their goals – whether it be finding true happiness, navigating a purpose-driven career change, or stepping into their personal power – are best taught to others when you are also leaning into the experience of connecting with and living from your higher self.
As you step into your highest purpose, you will be that much more capable of helping others do the same.
Are You Ready to Fulfill Your Calling to Become a Spiritual Life Coach?
Whether you’re considering a career in spiritual life coaching and want to make sure it’s the right path…
Or if you’re already a coach but haven’t been able to make the impact and abundant income you would love…
Your next step is to request a FREE Strategy Session! You will:
- Create a clear vision for your career and life goals.
- Formulate an action plan for the specific changes you’d like to make.
- Determine if you’re a good fit for Brave Thinking Institute – and if we’re a good fit for you. You’ll also get a chance to ask any questions you may still have that we haven’t answered in this article.
You’ll also receive some steps you can take immediately to move in the direction of your dreams right now!