Ten questions to help amplify any spiritual coaching session for life-changing client results (and why they work)
One of the most important spiritual life coaching tools you have at your disposal are powerful questions.
The right questions help a coach guide their clients to self awareness, clarity, and action. In fact, the more tools you have to help your clients experience life-changing results…
The more your spiritual coaching business will grow!
That’s because great questions empower you to:
- Facilitate self discovery: Asking thought-provoking questions can help clients gain new insights about themselves and their lives. When they think more deeply about their thoughts, beliefs, and values, they have bigger breakthroughs and better results.
- Foster creativity: Great questions can help clients tap into their creativity and imagination. When they see things from new and different perspectives, they open up to greater possibilities they may not have seen before.
- Inspire action: Effective questions help clients clarify their goals and identify the steps needed to achieve them. This empowers them with a sense of direction and motivation to take action towards their desired outcomes, and encourages follow through.
- Build trust: When coaches ask insightful questions, it shows that they are genuinely interested in their clients’ wellbeing. Building trust and rapport is essential for a successful coaching relationship.
- Support ongoing transformation: Great questions can help clients identify areas where they need to grow and change. Developing self awareness can encourage them to take responsibility for their own results and the action required to change them.
What kinds of questions work best?
Unlike traditional life coaches, spiritual life coaches help people create deep, lasting change using a spiritual perspective.
The spiritual coaching experience is grounded in the belief that each person is a spiritual being having a human experience.
Spiritual coaches believe that every coaching client already has everything they need within them to achieve their highest potential. These types of coaches work on the assumption that their clients are greater than any circumstance, condition, or situation.
The questions they use reflect these unique aspects of their work.
Spiritual life coaches ask questions that are:
- Open-ended: Good coaching questions are open-ended, meaning they cannot be answered with a simple yes or no. They invite the client to explore their thoughts, feelings, and beliefs in depth.
- Thought-provoking: Effective coaching questions are thought-provoking and help the client gain new insights or perspectives. The best questions challenge them to consider new possibilities.
- Relevant: Good coaching questions help the client focus on what is important and encourage them to take action towards their dreams.
- Non-judgmental: Effective coaching questions create a safe and supportive space for the client to explore their thoughts and feelings. They are free from criticism or bias and help the client to feel heard and understood.
- Specific: Good coaching questions help the client clarify their thoughts and feelings about a particular situation or issue. They can help clients identify specific actions they can take.
- Empowering: Effective coaching questions encourage the client to take responsibility for their own growth and development. They help the client identify their strengths and resources, and can inspire them to take action towards their goals.
10 Spiritual Life Coaching Questions for Great Client Results
1. Consider your life up until this moment. If you were to describe that part of your life as a book, what would the title be? If you were writing a new book, starting with this moment, what new title would you choose?
Why it works: This question allows clients to think creatively and gain new perspectives. When they tap into their imagination, they also tap into new possibilities. They can begin to cast a new vision for themselves.
2. Imagine a future version of your life in which everything worked out. If you could have a conversation with your future self, what advice do you think they would give you?
Why it works: This spiritual coaching question encourages clients to connect with their intuition and inner wisdom. It helps them step into the space of believing that everything can work out. With this question, they can start bringing life to that possibility and identifying tangible actions they can take.
3. What is one thing you have always wanted to do but have put off or avoided? (Consider anything, whether you’ve been afraid to try, always end up too busy, or even if you don’t know why.)
Why it works: This question helps clients identify fears or limiting beliefs that may be holding them back. It helps them identify something part of them desires and encourages them to step outside of their comfort zone.
4. If you could design your perfect day, what would it look like? If you were to experience that perfect day, what feelings would you have?
Why it works: This question helps clients identify what brings them joy and fulfillment. It can provide a blueprint for creating a more fulfilling life. They can use their answer to pursue more experiences or feelings like those in their perfect day.
5. If money were a person in your life, how would you describe that relationship? Good or bad, how has that relationship impacted your life?
Why it works: This spiritual coaching question helps clients explore their beliefs and attitudes towards money. Personifying money can help people gain surprising insight into how they interact with it in their lives. It can help them identify any blocks or limitations around abundance.
(Note: This question will work for any object, habit, or even experience in a person’s life. Consider asking clients to describe their relationship to the “person” of fun, joy, learning, a passion, or even a hobby.)
6. Imagine you have a magic wand. With that wand, you can change anything about your current life. What is the one area of your life you would choose to change, and what would you make different?
Why it works: This question helps clients to identify areas of their life where they may be experiencing stress or conflict. It helps your client consider their longing and desire outside of limitations that might usually keep them stuck. This is a great place to start to help them work towards finding balance and inner peace.
(Note: For this question to have the greatest impact, your client may only choose things in their current, present-day life. Choosing things in the past that cannot be changed, or chooding things in the future that haven’t happened is not empowering.)
7. What is the most important lesson you have learned in your life so far? Once you learned that lesson, how did it change the way you lived your life?
Why it works: This spiritual coaching question helps clients reflect on their life experiences and gain wisdom and insight from their past. It can also help them consciously recognize what they have already overcome in their lives and how far they’ve come.
8. What does spirituality mean to you, and how does it inform your daily life?
Why it works: This coaching question helps clients explore their personal beliefs and values around spirituality. Their answer can provide a foundation for a deeper exploration of their spiritual growth and journey.
9. If you could choose any career or path in life, regardless of practicality or financial considerations, what would it be? What would you most love?
Why it works: This question encourages clients to tap into their passions and dreams outside of any sense of limitation. It can help them identify steps towards a more fulfilling career or life path.
(Note: This question about choice free from limitations or practicality can also be applied to any area of your client’s life.)
10. What is one small step you can take today towards living a more fulfilling life?
Why it works: This question encourages clients to take action and make progress towards their goals. It can help them feel empowered and motivated and be accountable for a measurable goal before your next session. No matter how small the step is, action begets more action.
Take Your Spiritual Coaching Business Deeper
As a spiritual life coach, you have a profound calling to work with the people you’re meant to help. And I believe that your unique message will resonate with your ideal clients like no one else’s can.
If you want to take the life-changing results you can achieve with your clients to the next level…
And tap into your gifts to activate your coaching superpowers…
- What your unique coaching style is and why it’s the untapped secret to your success
- The skills you need to master in order to generate big results for your clients
- How your unique gifts will help you connect with clients who can’t wait to work with you
- How to embody the strengths and overcome the pitfalls of your coaching style for greater success
- And so much more!