Start your spiritual life coaching career with these key steps for success
Are you passionate about helping and inspiring others?
Do you believe that there’s more to life than what we can see and experience in the physical world?
Do you believe that true personal growth requires a spiritual perspective?
Have you spent your life helping others- perhaps as a counselor, teacher, or social worker – and find yourself longing to use your spiritual gifts to make a more significant impact on the world?
If so, you may have a sense that you’ve been called to a career that is more aligned with your heart and spiritual values — you may be interested in exploring spiritual life coaching as the next step in your career!
Start your exploration here with the most frequently asked questions about spiritual life coaching:
- What is a spiritual life coach?
- What do I need to start a spiritual coaching practice?
- What does it take to become a successful spiritual life coach in today’s life coaching industry? (3 Key Steps)
- How can I make spiritual life coaching my career?
Don’t have time to read this now? Click here to download Are You Meant to Be a Life Coach? — This free eBook will give you everything you need to determine if spiritual life coaching is truly for you and the essential tools and information you need to start a successful coaching practice with ease (avoiding the mistakes most people make when starting out!).
What is a Spiritual Life Coach?
There are many types of life coaches, all of which help people achieve goals, overcome obstacles, and create change in a variety of different ways.
Spiritual life coaches, however, are different than traditional life coaches in some very important ways:
- Spiritual life coaches believe that spiritual growth is an essential part of the coaching experience.
- Spiritual coaches create incredible transformation by working with spiritual principles to foster success.
- Spiritual life coaches believe that their clients can experience profound change in all areas of their lives through a deeper understanding of spiritual truths.
- Spiritual coaches strive to help their clients connect with their own inner guidance and develop their own spiritual practices to guide them long after the coaching journey has ended.
- Spiritual coaches are committed to doing deep, meaningful work with their coaching clients. They do not limit their work to achieving goals or material success– their coaching practice is rooted in an expansive spiritual belief system.
Those who are meant to be spiritual life coaches often have difficulty feeling a true sense of fulfillment when limited to more traditional approaches, whether it be general life coaching, working in the mental health field, or even teaching.
They have a deep inner sense that their own spiritual journey has brought them to a place in which they are called to make a more profound impact on the world.
Do you relate? Keep reading! (Or, if you already know I’m talking to you, take the next step in support of your calling by downloading your copy of our free eBook: Are You Meant to Be a Life Coach?)
What Do I Need to Start a Spiritual Life Coaching Practice?
Starting your coaching career requires more than knowing that spiritual life coaching is your calling.
I realized that spiritual life coaching was my true calling after I was given a medical death sentence. After I was visited by a kind stranger in the hospital who challenged everything I thought I believed, I was cured within weeks!
Doctors couldn’t explain it.
And I was left with a burning sense that I might be able to help other people in the same way I had been helped. I longed to help others realize they weren’t limited to their external circumstances. They only had to be willing to embrace their full potential as a living, breathing miracle…
For you, becoming a successful spiritual life coach will require you to start and sustain the life coaching practice that works best for you and your unique goals.
To start this journey for yourself, I recommend:
- A spiritual life coach certification program that aligns with your spiritual values and belief system. A good training program will give you the coaching skills you need to help your ideal client achieve repeatable, reliable transformation, as well as the professional skills to start a sustainable business that supports a life you love.
- A clear vision of the type of spiritual coaching practice you would love. From the type of coaching sessions you’ll offer to your most ideal coaching niche and from the structure of the business you want to run and how it impacts you as you create a more meaningful life, a vision of what you would love is a good place to start your coaching practice. A clear vision will keep you motivated, help you make the best decisions possible in support of your dream, and inspire you to take meaningful action as you build your career as an intuitive spiritual life coach.
- A business plan to guide the practical aspects of your spiritual coaching practice. A business plan will help you get clarity on your business, including the legal structure of your business, coaching programs and offerings, sales and marketing to reach new clients, and how your business will grow to sustain the life you’re creating. (Many people end up needing additional hours of training to master the necessary business skills to start their life coaching practice. I recommend prioritizing life coach training courses that include this vital aspect of becoming a successful life coach, like the one at Brave Thinking Institute)
- A commitment to your own spiritual practice. Successful spiritual coaches understand that of the many different things that determine one’s success as a life coach, a commitment to their own growth is one of the most important. Deepening your understanding of the spiritual principles you use in your work not only allows your clients to experience more profound results, but also allows you to create a life that is a true testament to the power of the work you’re doing as a spiritual coach.
What Does it Take to Become a Successful Spiritual Life Coach in Today’s Industry? (3 key steps)
Becoming a successful spiritual life coach requires a number of important elements, some of which I’ve mentioned above.
However, having spent over 40 years studying, teaching, and coaching others through profound personal development work, and having certified over 4,000 spiritual coaches through my work at the Brave Thinking Institute (many of whom have built their own 6 and 7-figure coaching businesses), here are the three key steps I believe are most important to your success as a spiritual coach:
Step 1: Demonstrate a passion for helping others
The first thing you need to create success as a spiritual life coach is a true passion for helping others.
In fact, research shows that those who make the most effective helpers in the world, like life coaches, believe that serving others is a part of their higher purpose!
How do you know if you’re passionate about helping? Let me ask you this…
- Do you find that you come most ALIVE when you’re helping someone overcome a challenge they may be facing?
- Does it light you up to help others create more freedom, happiness, and joy in their life?
- Do you love helping people experience new insight and understanding when they come to you for help or advice?
- Have you pursued careers that seemed appealing because of the impact they’d allow you to make in other people’s lives or in the world?
- Do you find a sense of fulfillment knowing that you were able to support someone in bettering their life?
If you answered “Yes!” to most, if not all of the questions above, then you have a passion for helping others!
As a successful spiritual life coach, you will tap into your genuine caring for others and use it to help your clients discover that the power within them is far greater than any situation or circumstance they may experience.
You will stand with your clients and help them understand that no matter how long negative, limiting beliefs or conditions may have been there, they can be overcome.
As a spiritual coach, you will then show your clients how to create, connect to, and STEP INTO a new vision of possibility for their lives— and all the work you’ll do will be motivated by how much you truly want them to achieve the results that they desire.
At Brave Thinking Institute, we train highly successful spiritual life coaches, but each person we certify must demonstrate an authentic passion for helping others in order to be considered for our program.
We’ve learned that this level of love and caring is the most essential first step to becoming a successful spiritual life coach.
Step 2: Learn a proven coaching strategy supported by a proven business strategy.
In order to become a successful spiritual life coach, you will need to be able to demonstrate to your potential clients that you can give them results.
To do so, you must ensure the following:
- That any coaching certification program you choose gives you access to a proven, step-by-step system of transformation — one that you can use to guide your clients to generate the results they desire in any area of their lives.
- That you receive access to systems, tools, and step-by-step strategies for attracting, enrolling, and coaching your IDEAL clients and in meaningful and authentic ways. These systems and strategies are the “economic engine” that will power your coaching business and help you serve even more people.
The most powerful way for you to build your coaching business is not through self-promotion, but through ATTRACTION.
There’s a science to letting people know you exist in a way that builds an authentic attraction to the work you do, and at Brave Thinking Institute, we train all of our coaches in a comprehensive system based on these proven marketing and growth methods.
We include this essential business training in our certification program, rather than charging extra for additional training, because we know firsthand that there is a difference between being a good coach and being a good coach who knows how to run a sustainable, scaleable coaching business.
Step 3: Seek the right mentorship and support system to become a spiritual life coach
I’ve learned that there is real truth to the adage that you are only as successful as the people you surround yourself with.
The company you keep has an impact on your outcomes. As you explore your own journey to becoming the successful spiritual coach you’re called to be, you want to make sure that you are surrounding yourself with the right people.
Additionally, when considering a coaching certification program, it’s important to make sure that you’ll receive ongoing support after you become certified. This is absolutely vital to your success.
It’s one of the many reasons that many of the quick, online, get-certified-in-a-weekend coaching courses fail to create successful life coaches — they do not offer community or ongoing mentorship after the course is finished. Programs like that exist as a singular resource — they do not give their students access to ongoing, greater resources to support them as they learn and grow.
After all, you can have access to the most transformational curriculum in the world, but what do you do when you have questions about how to work with clients or grow your business after you’re certified?
Are you left to fend for yourself?
Or will you receive continuous access to experts who have built multiple six-figure life coaching businesses that make a tremendous difference in the lives of their clients… and who want to support you in doing the same?
You can feel safe on your new path knowing you have access to others who have already achieved the level of success that you want— you can ask them questions, hear about their experiences, and learn from their mistakes and triumphs.
As you help others, they are there to help you. Becoming part of a transformational, heart-centered community will amplify the results you are able to achieve on your path as a spiritual life coach.
How Can I Make Spiritual Life Coaching My Career?
The easiest pathway to making spiritual coaching your career while also helping to guarantee your success is through a comprehensive certification program.
While certification is not currently required for life coaches, becoming a certified coach benefits you in a number of ways, including:
- Giving you access to methods and systems designed to empower you to help others more efficiently and effectively
- Ensuring you have an understanding of the tools you need to work with others in a way that’s safe, proven, and repeatable
- Giving your potential clients more peace of mind choosing you as their coach, as certification builds trust with your audience
- Providing you with the support you need to avoid common mistakes and wasting your time and resources on costly trial and error
As you are choosing a spiritual life coach certification program that’s best for you, ask yourself:
- Do the values of this program align with my own? Do I believe in the spiritual principles this program is teaching?
- Is this certification program offering a curriculum that is proven to result in success?
- Does this coaching certification program give me a methodology that is repeatable and flexible that I can use with my ideal clients?
- Will this coaching program help me learn how to run a successful business? Will I know how to find clients, enroll clients, and market my coaching business?
- How long will it take me to complete this certification? What requirements will I have to fulfill before I can start coaching others? Can it be completed online?
- What kind of support will I have access to after I’ve finished the program? Is there a community I can connect with as I’m starting out?
At the Brave Thinking Institute, we’ve created a comprehensive coaching certification program designed to empower life coaches with proven, spiritual tools for transformation. We believe that if you’re called to do the sacred work of helping others transform their lives, you should also be able to thrive in your own life.
All of our certification students learn reliable, proven methods for life-changing results and have access to a complete coaching curriculum that can be applied to any niche or audience.
Our faculty not only believes in the profound spiritual principles we teach, but they also have their own 6 and 7-figure life coaching businesses. And they’re using the same tools and approaches to create success that they’ll teach you!
And, of course, we equip all of our coaches with extensive business success training, from sales to marketing and everything in between.
If you are ready to step into your calling as a spiritual life coach and you want to ensure your success, our program might be a great fit for you.
Start with my FREE eBook, “Are You Meant to Be a Life Coach?”
- The 6 questions you need to ask yourself to make sure life coaching is the right path for you
- The mistake most new life coaches make that causes them to give up on their businesses
- How to avoid wasting time and resources on trial and error (so you can help people sooner!)
- The one crucial element that determines how much success life coaches have
- The fastest, easiest way to start your successful spiritual life coaching business
People Also Ask
- 11 Reasons Spiritual Life Coaching is the Best Career for You
- How to Become a Spiritual Life Coach: Your Guide for Success
- Spiritual Life Coaching: What Is It and Is It Your True Purpose?