Are you considering becoming a heart-centered, transformational life coach, and you want to ensure that your life coaching business will be a success?
If so, you are in the right place today!
The 3 Most Common Mistakes New Life Coaches Make
There are three common mistakes that most new life coaches make that can completely sabotage the success of their business.
Even when you’re already a certified life coach, if your business hasn’t grown to the level that you’d like, and you’re not quite sure why, knowing what these pitfalls are will help you know if you may have fallen into one of them without even realizing it!
1. Thinking that you have to have a “perfect life” before you can help others
As a heart-centered, transformational life coach, your job is to help others see and engage in a new possibility for their lives.
If you feel called to life coaching, chances are you’re probably already giving advice and helping others engage in new possibilities for their lives… but without being paid for it!
You don’t have to have a perfect life or have extensive coaching experience to make a difference in the lives of others.
In fact, if I had waited until my life were perfect before I started coaching, I’d still be waiting.
Not one of us is perfect.
You only have to be one rung up on a ladder in order to reach down and give someone else a hand up.
That’s the truth.
So no, you don’t need to have a perfect life to be a successful life coach – you just need to have a passion for helping others, a proven business strategy, and the right support system in place to ensure your success.
2. Not understanding the difference between heart-centered enrollment and manipulation
When many people hear the word “sales,” they tend to associate this word with a feeling of being taken advantage of, or being talked into something they don’t really want.
But this is manipulation, NOT heart-centered enrollment.
These are two TOTALLY different things!
Have you ever told a friend about a great movie that you saw… or a restaurant you tried and loved…
…and they were so enticed by what you shared that they went and watched that movie or ate at that restaurant?
Or have you ever given someone advice, coming from a place of caring and service, and the person you spoke with actually followed your advice?
If your answer is “YES,” you already have the necessary skills for heart-centered enrollment!
In these situations, you weren’t trying to convince someone that they needed to go and do something, and you weren’t trying to manipulate them either.
You were simply sharing something that you were passionate about, that you genuinely thought they’d enjoy or benefit from.
This is what heart-centered enrollment is all about.
When you speak from the heart and from a place of service, this is not “hard selling,” and these are not uncomfortable conversations.
These are fun, powerful conversations about possibilities.
They are invitations to step into a greater life! When you approach having enrollment conversations from this place, these conversations become a joy and a privilege to have with the people you’re speaking to.
These heart-based conversations leave the people you speak with feeling so safe, warm and cared for that they say “YES” to investing in themselves and their dreams by means of saying “YES” to a coaching program with you…
…and your business grows as a result!
3. Choosing the wrong coaching certification program
If you’ve been doing your research, you’ve probably noticed that there are many life coaching certification programs out there.
How do you know for sure which one to invest in that will give you all of the tools, training, systems and support you truly need to bring your vision of being a difference-making, successful coach to life?
When it comes to choosing the right life coach certification program, it’s important to look for one that meets the following criteria:
- The core values of the training institute align with your own core values. (If the certification program you’re looking at can’t tell you what their core values are, that’s a red flag right there!)
- The program is led by a gifted mentor who deeply cares about people, and has decades of experience and success coaching others as a heart-centered life coach. (You don’t want someone who is simply regurgitating something they’ve read in a book.)
- You receive training in how to guide your clients through a proven, reliable and repeatable system of transformation that has a solid track record of producing extraordinary results.
- You receive the done-for-you tools and templates you need to not just coach people, but to actually build and grow your business – including at least six months of in-depth, ongoing support from other highly successful coaches AFTER you become certified.
- Ideally, there is an in-person training component, as there is only so much you can get from a purely online training program.
All of the above are criteria that I highly recommend you look for when choosing the right coaching certification program for you.
Do You Feel Called to Become a Life Coach?
And so, to help support you in this exploration, you’re invited to watch this FREE online masterclass from Brave Thinking Institute founder, Mary Morrissey. If you feel called to become a transformational, heart-centered life coach, this is a MUST-SEE VIDEO for you!
During this video, you’ll discover:
- The 4 pillars that you absolutely MUST have in place to generate impact, influence and income as a heart-centered, transformational life coach.
- How life coaching can truly make an impact in your own life, AND also in your client’s lives.
- I’ll also share an exclusive opportunity with you to help make your dream of being a successful, difference-making life coach a reality, if you’re ready to do this.