Brave Thinking Institute founder Mary Morrissey shares her 50-year Law of Attraction journey and how she’s manifested her dream life.
Have you ever wondered what a lifetime of manifesting could do for you?
Is there a way to exist in a state of life transformation, where you’re constantly vibrating at your highest level? Can you make your future life a happier life?
That’s exactly what I’ve done with my own life, and what I’ve dedicated myself to helping others achieve. In my fifty years of studying the spiritual principles of success, I’ve come to believe that our true purpose in this lifetime is to discover and then deliver who we actually are.
Every one of us is far more than we’ve ever known, and we contain more than we’ve ever thought. That’s our purpose: to discover who we are and then bring it forth in a visible way for others.
Passion guides the form of purpose we each aim to fulfill. When you’re in love with something, that becomes your guiding light.
All the questions that make you insecure are less than that passion.
What do I think I can do?
What does my training say I can do?
What does my education say I can do?
What does the reality around me tell me is possible?
What is stopping me? What is my insurmountable obstacle?
Those boundaries seem very real. But when you find the thing you love, it becomes your purpose. And when you have that purpose, those obstacles become surmountable.
Each morning, you’re handed the gift of a brand new day.
We each get to determine how to use that time, how to create that day. If you take it day by day, you can create great moments that come from your purpose. If you keep your passion in mind and consciously choose to live in your purpose, you can create great days.
Mary Morrissey | Becoming a Brave Thinker
At the Brave Thinking Institute, we know that each one of us is far more powerful and contains more potential than any circumstance, situation, or condition. We know that radical life transformation is not only possible, but a complete game changer for people. We are each spiritual beings having a human experience. When we commit to radical life transformation, we access our full potential beyond what our limited human view suggests.
Our mission statement of empowering people to create and live a life they love is the culmination of my experiences and study over fifty years.
Brave Thinking™, recognizing the power of manifesting and how our thoughts influence our reality, was not always a commonly held belief. It’s still quite revolutionary to many people. But that’s quickly changing for future generations. My experience highlights the evolution of these principles today.
Mary Morrissey’s Journey in Her Own Words:
I think it’s easier to see it now. In 1967, when I was diagnosed with fatal kidney disease, nobody knew that our thoughts impacted our bodies and our lives. Thinking back, a few people must have known, but they were not discussing it, at least not openly. Perhaps they were afraid to discuss the mind-body connection then because it wasn’t a mainstream belief.
Certainly, no one in the medical field was discussing this philosophy. If physicians had any idea about how our thoughts impacted our bodies, they were not routinely telling patients about it. Today, I know that these are ancient teachings. But I had no understanding of them at that time and it wasn’t easy for average people to access this knowledge back then.
Fast forward 55 years. Today, there are mind body clinics at Harvard Medical Teaching Center. There are mind body clinics all over the world.
Somewhere in that time span, there was an emergence of the understanding that we’re not just a body of parts. The parts work according to the energy we surround ourselves with. And that energy is our thought patterns. Those thought patterns have a frequency.
At that point in 1967, I had lived in toxic shame for 14 months by the time I was diagnosed with fatal kidney disease. And those toxic thoughts nearly killed me.
Nobody said to me, “You need to heal from the shame.”
Nobody I knew even thought that way. Nor did I.
I was at death’s door when a woman suggested to me that I could change my circumstances. I couldn’t believe it. But I was 18 years old, and I had a seven-month-old son at home. I was afraid and my body was failing me. So, I grabbed onto some hope. I couldn’t believe it, but I could tell that she believed it. So, I believed in her belief. I opened a corner of my mind to the possibility.
The Birth of Brave Thinking™
Today, there’s a general awareness. The fact that people are even asking about the Law of Attraction proves the philosophy has gone more mainstream. The Law of Attraction is actually a secondary law. There are 11 universal laws.
There was a revolution of thinking that occurred in the middle 1800s. And it grew out of all the ancient traditions. It wasn’t apart from them. It was just a different approach to accessing the power of the ancient traditions. Some people call this, “mind science”.
When you are interested in the Law of Attraction, you can’t have everything you want. You can have everything you are. You can have everything you get in harmony with. Because you have a vibration of your general way of being.
You tend to be on the side of living in gratitude, or you tend to be on the side of living in regret. The emotions that we experience have vibrations to them. As you hold a vision for what you would love, you have a vibration. You can’t get to that vision. You have to come from it. This means that you need to match the frequency of that vision, even when it isn’t happening yet.
In terms of how I’m being, I’m noticing when I’m on the vibration. I’ll pay attention when I notice that I’m feeling more contraction or more expansion. This is even when I’m coaching a client. If they tell me a problem, I have to believe more in the person than the power of the problem. If I believe in the problem, I can’t be effective for them.
The person can overcome the problem, no matter what it looks like. But they can’t overcome it at the same frequency of the problem. They need their vibration to be higher than the frequency of the problem
My Early Years in the Science of Transformation
Today, there is an awareness of the Laws of Attraction. That was not happening when I started studying the science of transformation. In fact, I went to buy a book called, As A Man Thinketh by James Allen. It’s a book about how our thoughts impact our lives. But I couldn’t find it in a regular bookshop. I had to go to a specialty bookstore in Portland, Oregon called In A Cult Bookstore, which was a long way to travel for me at the time.
The book was shelved in the witchcraft section.
It’s so radically different now. It’s not so hidden and out of the way to find. Even the idea of coaching is different now.
Twenty-five years ago, if someone said they were a coach, you would ask, “what sport?” That was all the reference we really had to coaching.
But today, we see executive coaches, health coaches, performance coaches, and life coaches. These are powerful callings that are held in high esteem by large enterprises and individual people. People understand the value of having a mentor or experienced person to offer a practice and thinking that operates at a higher domain than your own.
When we founded the Brave Thinking Institute, I knew there was such a need for highly skilled coaches. So far, we’ve certified over 4,000 coaches from all around the world.
We started to see this shift back in the 1980s. I found Jack Boland in 1987 and studied with him for five years. There was a radical transformation because I had been struggling with my business.
Having someone who has more awareness than you is an expedited path to you having more of what you would really love in your life.
Can You Manifest a Mindset?
My first real mentor was Jack Boland. He studied how transformation occurs and he found a way to incorporate it. His results showed that study in the real world.
At the time, I had been studying books about abundance and transformation. I was also teaching these subjects, but on a much smaller scale. I brought transformation into my life in some ways, but not fully. It was through mentoring with Jack Boland that I really developed an understanding of the pattern of transformation.
I invested myself in fifty years of dedicated study. It’s not a short process with an end date. I study every single day in the art and science of transformation. Over the course of my journey with transformation, I’ve studied all the world’s religions, quantum physics, and earned a master’s degree in Psychology. And that level of study is an ongoing part of my daily life.
The study of quantum physics and how things occur has taken me around the world. I’ve worked on the Seven Year Project with the Dalai Lama, had meetings with Nelson Mandela, worked with Gandhi’s grandkids, and helped Martin Luther King’s kids launch a project at the United Nations.
These things all manifested as a direct result of my years of dedicated study. So yes, you can manifest a mindset.
I’ve studied how transformation occurs and how humans over the millennia have sought to find it. Every religion and philosophy have parallels. I call this universal spirituality. When you study it, you begin to see a pattern that operates in how the Infinite or universe produces transformations.
When you understand that and get curious about it, you can model it in your own life. There’s not anything you can’t transform from there.
Life Transformation | 50 Bite-Sized Manifestation Nuggets
Through my years of work and study, I’ve learned that there is always more to learn, explore, and examine. I fundamentally care about people and education.
That’s why Brave Thinking Institute is a training institute where we train people in the art and science of transformation. Our philanthropic work is mainly focused on education for kids in the world who have no chance to have education without a third-party intervening.
There is so much to learn. I study every day for 30 minutes. But for someone just beginning, it can feel like an enormous amount to learn.
When you break it into bite-sized nuggets of thought, it becomes easier to gain true insights from and incorporate into your life. With each new teaching, you build on your wealth of awareness
I’ve put together a list of 50 manifestation lessons I’ve learned, that are broken into small nuggets of thought. Each powerful in their own way. Each worthy of further exploration.
I’d like to invite you to pick some of your favorites and invest some time in further thought and application in your manifestation journey.
- As you hold a vision for what you would love, you can’t get to that vision. You have to come from it. Which means, you have to match the frequency of that vision, even when it isn’t happening yet…
- A “try” energy does not have the same frequency as a “do” energy.
- Don’t ignore your circumstances – ignore the power of your circumstances.
- Your goal here is not perfection. Your goal is progress.
- We can’t make things happen. But we can make them welcome by the vibration we’re in.
- With awareness comes clarity, and with clarity comes power.
- We do not move forward by beating ourselves up.
- Everything is created twice. Everything was a thought before it could become a thing.
- When you are in harmony with your soul’s purpose, things get easier.
- Keep a corner of your mind open to the possibility that there is so much more in you and for you than you have known.
- Our current results are a mirror to the vibration we’re on.
- You are manifesting right now. You don’t get to not manifest. It’s just a matter of what you’re going to manifest.
- Gratitude is the feeling tone that is harmonious with the experience of abundance.
- The idea is the first currency of abundance. Pay attention to the ideas that are in harmony with your vision.
- If it were convenient for you to have your dream, then you’d have it already.
- Spirit loves fun. Humans didn’t invent fun. We know we feel uplifted and fun because it’s an expansive energy, but a lot of people wait for fun to find them. We can actually generate fun.
- Fear is simply the border of the reality you have known. Your dream is a life that’s beyond that border. Be afraid of staying stuck in your comfort zone.
- Life is not happening to you; life is happening through you.
- We are spiritual beings, having a human experience. We exist on four planes of existence: spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical. If you ignore any one of those, you’re incomplete.
- It’s in the presence of problems where you learn how to apply the laws of life and grow.
- Every single one of us is a tither; we are either giving consciously or unconsciously because the universal law of circulation is always at work.
- Even the best dream or seed, if planted in soil that is toxic with resentment, cannot survive.
- Every puzzle piece, even though by itself it may look dark or grotesque, is an essential part of the whole puzzle.
- If you become very successful in any area of your life, there will be someone in your life who might not like it. Don’t let their fear of their littleness keep you from your greatness. Do not let others make you small.
- Inspiration without action is merely entertainment. Act on your inspiration.
- Forgiveness is not something you just do once; it’s a mental and emotional cleaning to keep up with your spiritual hygiene on a daily basis.
- If you’re casual with your dream, it will be casual with you.
- Absence of evidence of physical resources of any kind is not evidence of absence of your connection to the Infinite.
- Brave Thinking™ creates a radical reconstruction of your own inner being.
- Truth does not vary; it is eternal.
- If your dream doesn’t get real inside of you, it won’t get real outside of you.
- If you’re in love with your dream, you will be willing to do some things you’ve never done in order to experience things you’ve never experienced.
- Failure is one of the most instructive parts of becoming the person that you are capable of being.
- Drift is the greatest enemy of the dream.
- The decision and commitment to endeavor to live a life you’d love living isn’t just made once; it’s made over and over again.
- When you begin to answer the question, “What would I love?” life will take you places you never imagined you could go.
- We predict the future by how we are being now.
- Life shows up consistent to what you’re committed to. We are responsible for the experience we create.
- The content of your life is the curriculum of your evolution.
- The power breathing you is greater than all things – including your problem. Our job is to get in harmony with the outcome we seek to produce. Affirm to yourself, “Every day in every way, I’m getting better and better, and this is what it looks like while everything that I need is coming into place.”
- Your ability to make a firm decision is one of the most important assets you have to change the thermostatic setting of your paradigm.
- Don’t treat your work as something to just get done. It might be mundane and repetitive, but whatever it is you are doing, hold it as Sacred.
- The person who is on the right path has a habit of thinking and perceiving everything in their life as necessary for their growth.
- When you get an outside perspective, you can see your blind spots and it will draw out your hidden potential for greatness.
- Noticing is the doorway to the transcendental self.
- The consistency and repetition supports the fluency.
- We live in a world where we are so busy dealing with what is coming AT us, that many of us aren’t paying attention to what is trying to come THROUGH us.
- Physics proves that the greatest energy investment is at the beginning of a shift in momentum. After that, you can almost tap on it to keep it going.
- To solidify your decision to change, all you have to know is this: “If anyone has ever done what I’m wanting to do, fundamentally it’s possible.”
- This is my personal motto: “Do what you can do from where you are with what you have.”
How to Apply the Law of Attraction in Your Own Journey
We call it Brave Thinking™, but many people are familiar with The Secret and refer to this as the Law of Attraction. In the absence of a vision, your life is highly likely to stay the same. It follows suit that you need to have a vision in your daily life.
In terms of daily practice, you need to maintain a vision that you hold for all of the areas of your life. So that all of us are going to manifest the vision we hold in those areas and have results.
What are the results that you would really love?
Personally, I maintain a vision for the four quadrants of my life. This includes visions for my health, relationships, vocation, and time and money freedom (what I want to do with the kind of freedom I’ve manifested). Those visions start with my daily habits.
Manifest Your Dreams with Daily Habits
To manifest, you need to commit to regular habits that reinforce your transformation. Develop daily habits to keep your vision in your mind and work to raise your vibration.
Your daily habits begin when you go to bed. Most people think of daily habits as starting in the morning. But starting your routine in the evening sets the stage to prepare you for the next day. Start your daily habits when you go to bed as part of your evening routine.
What you tell yourself, how you feel, what you’re holding in your mind when you go to sleep will work in the subconscious all night long.
If you drift off to sleep worried, that worry will compound. If you drift off to sleep manifesting, really visualizing the life you want to live, the goals you want to attain, those things will be working on a subconscious level.
Every night, when you go to bed, generate a high state of gratitude for a day of life. See yourself living the life that you absolutely love, with impact and difference making. Whatever you would really love the most, hold that in your mind as you drift off to sleep. Not as something you want. But as something you are.
That is your nighttime practice, and it sets the stage for the next day.
When you start your morning, as you wake up, realize that your day is unique to you. Nobody gets to think your thoughts or choose what you will do with the day you’ve been gifted but you. And you get to set your vision for the day ahead before you even put your feet on the floor. Hold it in your mind. Live in it.
Some days, it’s very easy. Some days, you’ll have things on your mind and it’s not going to be as easy. You might wake up late or have a lot of stress. There might be any number of life situations diverting your attention.
But this is a practice, and you will need to work at it some days. Your daytime practice might start when you wake up in the morning. You can also set aside time during your day to practice. Perhaps by studying books, reading transformational teachings, or working to visualize the life you’re manifesting. Consciously schedule time for your practice.
For my own daytime practice, I wake up in the morning and I just start by noticing that I’m awake. I stop to notice as I’m beginning to wake up. I remind myself that this day has never happened before. It will never happen again in eternity. I’m being handed a day of life. And that is life’s greatest gift to me.
Nobody gets to think my thoughts today, but me. No one gets to choose what I’m going to do today, but me. So I let this serve my vision. I let it bring me more alive and I let it bring all those who I impact more life.
I generate a radical state of gratitude before I even put my feet on the floor. My practice in the morning is a morning practice of gratitude and some exercise. And it’s not a matter of whether I’ll create results. It’s a matter of which results I’ll get in harmony with.
Decide to make your thoughts grounded in gratitude. Because thoughts that are NOT grounded in gratitude are low vibration thoughts. The more you ground yourself with the positive thoughts of gratitude, the higher you raise your vibrations.
If the principles of Brave Thinking™ resonate with you, you’re on the right path. But there’s more required to have resounding success manifesting the life you want.
Many people have some success, but they don’t sustain it. They’re doing the work, but missing a small connection or piece of the puzzle. To create sustainable, repeatable results, they need a proven system.
Working without a proven system can be frustrating because you’re seeing some progress. But then self-doubt makes you feel like you can’t quite reach the real vision you have. You feel like it’s something you’re doing wrong.
You’re not doing anything wrong. I want to say that again. You’re not doing anything wrong. You’ve probably heard that before in your study of the Law of Attraction. That if it’s not working, it’s because you’re doing something wrong. But it’s not that. You just haven’t unlocked all of the tools you need to help you truly live in your purpose.
If you feel like you’ve been doing the work, but can’t quite make your dreams a reality. If you feel like you’re still stuck in the same place no matter how much effort you put into moving forward. If you feel overwhelmed with challenges.
It’s time to think bravely and start to truly build the life you would love living.
If you know that you were made for a better life than the one you’re currently manifesting, The DreamBuilder LIVE Virtual event will put you on the path for your true calling.
In October of 2021, we held our DreamBuilder Live Virtual Event. I’m proud to say that it was our 30th DreamBuilder Live experience!
Over 4,000 people from 96 different countries came together to release old paradigms and create major breakthroughs in their lives. Our amazing faculty includes Mary Morrissey, John Boggs, Mat Boggs, Jennifer Jimenez, Rich Boggs, and Kirsten Welles.
My Law of Attraction Journey… so far…
If I was to pinpoint one of the happiest moments of my life related to manifesting, it would have to be the day I wrote the final check to satisfy a $10 million debt that I had no idea how I would ever pay off.
There are things that I wanted but didn’t manifest. The things that I was able to accomplish through manifesting have been amazing. I’ve manifested recovery from a terminal illness and the relationships with my husband, children, friends, and family. Having rich, deep, and long-lasting wealth in family and friends is one of my most cherished accomplishments.
My longest friend and I have been friends for more than 52 years now. That’s one of the true treasures of my life: my children, their spouses, and grandchildren. Listing all of the things that I’ve manifested, one of the highest-ranking things is my work. I would say that my work is my soul’s purpose and it’s impacted the lives of literally tens of thousands of people around the world.
The fact that people have felt uplifted is truly a blessing. I want to be able to help shine a light on a way that people can have a life that they truly love. I get to show them that they have the power in them to create a life they truly love. Both by the way I live and the conversations we have as well as all of the training opportunities we can deliver.
I would love it if when I pass or leave a room that people feel that their life was contributed to by me. That the fact that I walked the earth and lived in my purpose made a profound difference to people.
We put this energy into everything we do as we prepare for each DreamBuilder Live Virtual event. As a faculty, we know that we can make that difference to empower people to live a life they love living.
If you’re ready to live a life you love living, The DreamBuilder LIVE Virtual event was made for you. See you there!